Our Parelli Natural Horsemanship journey

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Why Am I So Nervous?

I have not been this excited & anxious since, well, since I was a little girl on Christmas Eve. I don't know why I am so nervous, but hopefully it's a good nervous and not a "conscience trying to tell me to run the other way!"

Satin and I are going to the Parelli Center on Saturday!! Holy frikkin moly! I know, I know, it's not that big of a deal. But we haven't gone anywhere for years. Part of my excitement is that we are heading in the right direction. I have no expectations - we may end up coming home having learned nothing new (I doubt that), or we may end up having a much needed break through - either way I am happy to just spend time with my girl. The nervous/anxious part of me is probably me hoping that Satin doesn't get out of control. I won't be embarrassed if she pulls me to the ground and runs off. It won't be the end of the world. I kind of even hope she'll be upset and we can target that emotion and work on it. I guess I just subconsciously wish we didn't have that issue to deal with.

I keep trying to back out of going on Saturday. I told John that "I have so much to do" and "I don't really need to go" and "Her coggins just expired". So I am sort of battling with myself! I have the vet coming out today (I called this morning!) to come draw coggins and do a health certificate (butterflies in my belly!). I am RSVPing to the Parelli office today and have the farrier scheduled to come trim Satin's toes on Thursday (OMG, it's actually happening)!

I need a little excitement in my life to break up all my stress. This is so good for me and I hope Satin has a good time, too. Woo hoo!

1 comment:

Golden the Pony Girl said...

awesome! If you need an extra hand/company I would be happy to help :)