Our Parelli Natural Horsemanship journey

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Continued Growth

Satin and I have not scheduled any play sessions into our (my) busy days, but I seize every opportunity to test my savvy. When I am taking her in and out of her stall, feeding, or just brushing her off, I try to use some technique to keep us both mentally challenged. Just the other day I backed her 12 feet from me from outside the barn to inside the barn, until her back legs touched a wooden box. She was so polite and responded well when I was particular about her backing straight.

Unfortunately, due to my work schedule at the vet school I had to reschedule my lesson (which I had planned for many weeks now!). I am only pushing it back a few days, but I am itching to get a lesson from Karen again! I am SO ready for the next step and I need a more experienced horseman to give me that little push.

The good news about moving my lesson is that John (my DH) will probably be available to film my session. Super!

No comments: