Our Parelli Natural Horsemanship journey

Thursday, July 8, 2010

From Rivals to Partners

I don't even recognize our relationship anymore. I am responding immediately and consistently to Satin's behaviors with savvy and Satin, in turn, is responding with respect and willingness. How interesting!

Before Parelli:
Me: "C'mon, Satin. Do as I say!" *push and pull*
Satin: "No! I don't wanna. Why don't you do as I say?" *tug ignore*
Me: "Augh. Why are you such a brat? Why won't you just behave?" *angry face*
Satin: "Augh. Why are you so demanding. Why can't we ever have fun?" *dull*

Now, with savvy:
Me: "How are you feeling today?" *analyze smile*
Satin: "What are we going to do today!?" *asking questions*
Me: "Let's see what seems fun... "
Satin: "What can I do for you!?"

Gotta love the positive change!

When it's been super hot these days I've been re-watching Liberty and Horse Behavior course. It is fantastic! I am surprised that I am learning new things a second time around. How interesting!

1 comment:

Golden the Pony Girl said...

It is fun when we stop demanding and bossing our horses around and they immediately respond with better behavior and reward us for trying.