Our Parelli Natural Horsemanship journey

Friday, July 2, 2010

Is it July already?

On January 1st of this year I made a resolution. I'm not the type for new year's resolutions, but this time it felt right and I went with my gut. Well, July is here!

I said that I would be at Level 2 with Satin and Dancer by July. The good news is I am self-assessed Level 2 with Satin! I could be there with Dancer in a snap if I had a little more time.
Since January I have bought and watched all the old levels 1 and 2 and the new levels 1 & 2, Liberty and Horse Behavior and On-line and Liberty Patterns. I have watched everything in the vaults, which is a ton of videos, and have taken a lesson with a 2* Parelli trainer.

Looking back I can see that I am on the right track. I am attempting to do whatever it takes to better my relationship with horses, especially my two girls.

After my 3-hour session on July 18th with Karen Woodbury, 2*Parelli trainer, I am going to turn in my video to officially graduate Level 1.

I am saving every penny to go to a 4-week course next year.

Happy July!

2 comments:

Golden the Pony Girl said...

I hope you get to do the 4 week course! That always seemed like so much fun to me bit i could never afford it. Maybe someday Bodhi and I could go.

Kerrin Koetsier said...

Great stuff! We look forward to receiving your audition, and hopefully seeing you at a course sometime in the not too distant future!

Kerrin~
Parelli Central