Our Parelli Natural Horsemanship journey

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Between lessons

Over the weekend I played with Satin every chance I got. I started to bring her in from the pasture in the mornings before feeding so that I could work with her. We are really focused on hindquarter disengagement (because she has a tendency to "check out") and driving from zone 3, sending, and touch-it.

I felt as though I was being "loud" in my suggestions because she reacts instead of responds. The issue? She doesn't understand my neutral. She clearly does not realize that when I am in neutral, she is good right where she is, whether it be standing still, walking, etc. I need to become clearer in my body. 
And when I send & allow, she needs to know the difference in my body between walk and trot. I really need to be aware of my body language. 

Satin is showing right-brain tendencies - How interesting! Keeping her left-brain and engaged will be my challenge as we break through these old habits.

These were my questions for Karen (2* PP) at our lesson on Tuesday.




No comments: