Our Parelli Natural Horsemanship journey

Saturday, September 4, 2010

The morning after...

Friday, Sept. 4th:

I have to admit... I was reluctant to play with Satin because our lesson the day before was so intense. I didn't know if I was up for such an emotional test. Could I stay calm and in a teaching frame of mind while Satin blows through pressure over and over and...

I decided to make no assumptions. We were going to work on what we had learned. Make no assumptions, Kathy!

I got the girl from the stall. Driving from zone 3 out of the barn. She still doesn't seem to get this yet. Whether it is our of habit that she doesn't understand or that she doesn't want to cooperate because it is a change. I am not sure.
I can drive her forward but as soon as I start to walk with her, she stops. We do this 'start, stop, start' dance for eternity. Then when she gets going and I direct her nose with the CS, she stops. Maybe my CS directing is too 'loud'.

We got out to the pasture and immediately started playing with the send & touch it. SHE. WAS. AWESOME.
She really must have learned from the lesson because she did NOT understand prior to that lesson. Today she walked with impulsion towards an object and touched with curiosity!

I am beaming!

Gosh, this girl will teach me so much.

No comments: