Our Parelli Natural Horsemanship journey

Friday, February 12, 2010

Found some time!

The rain let up a bit and the sun started to peak through the gray sky. Satin was happy to see me (maybe because she really wanted to be put out in the pasture!) and lowered her head for the halter. She was very sweet and huggy.

We played the driving game in the barn aisle until the rain lessened to a drizzle. Satin certainly doesn't mind the rain (I do!) so we wandered out into the yard and did some more driving and yo-yo. She was kind of distracted - each time we 'finished' a task she would put her nose down to sniff the ground or try to wander off. So I had to keep her attention. I ran backwards, inviting her to trot with me. She trotted after me, I stopped, she stopped, drove her back a few steps, then transitioned quickly to a trot again. She had a lot of fun! Very alert and asking lots of questions!

She really seems to have fun. We are moving in the right direction and it feels SO GOOD!

Also, I got my 22' professional line in the mail today. Fantastic! Now we can actually work on something other than the 7 games.

Thanks for reading!

No comments: