Our Parelli Natural Horsemanship journey

Thursday, February 25, 2010

My tack box

I finally feel like I am fully equipped. No more gerry-rigging, duck tape, or wanna-be gear. I now have all the tools I need to fit the situation as well as the education to get me where I want to go!

I finally got my new equipment kits from Parelli. So now my inventory includes:
-3 warmblood halters
-1 horse size halter (I had two but broke one already :-(, and it wasn't because the equipment was faulty)
-3 12' lines
-2 22' lines (1 professional snap, 1 swivel snap)
-1 warmblood size hackamore
-1 horse size hackamore (just have to go pick it up_
-3 carrot sticks with savvy strings
-1 mecate 22' reins (was purchased off ebay as a 22' line, turned out to be reins, but it was a good deal so I saved it instead of returning it)
-Level 1 DVDs (just the dvds)
-Level 1 Partnership set (VHS, plus all pocket guides)
-Level 2 DVDs (just the dvds)
-Level 2 Harmony set (VHS & pocket guides)
-Liberty and Horse Behavior
-NEW Level 1/2 (in the mail on it's way!)

Now I don't feel like I have to sit around and wait to do something because I wasn't equipped. This was a huge cause of hesitation in the past, but I decided to be truly dedicated to this and went all the way. I am so glad I did!

I am looking into completing my education library with the Success Series and some of the Patterns.

It is going to be a very busy few weeks for me with exams, starting my new job in addition to my current job and running the barn, John's mom starting chemotherapy, and physical therapy on my silly hip. Satin and Dancer will be my much needed vacations from the hustle and bustle of life. I feel like I am still on track with my New Year's goal to pass Level 2 with both girls. Once I find the power cord to my digital video camera, Satin and I will be filming our Level 1 assessment!

1 comment:

Golden the Pony Girl said...

Hey Kathy I gave you an award! Check it out :)